So, as promised in yesterdays blog (Using Your Time Of The Month As An Excuse For Absolutely Everything.) Here is a recipe for quick, easy to make power balls which are perfect for that period pick-me-up!
Why are they perfect for your TOTM, I hear you ask? Well, we all know we get that chocolate and carb craving in a MAJOR way when we are on and all we want to do is eat a family sized bar of galaxy. Unfortunately, while it may taste good at the time, it will actually make us feel worse (not only from guilt but the sugar and caffeine in it actually make cramps worse!)
What is good for you? Well, lots of greens (leafy green especially – there’ll be some great recipes coming up in a blog post soon!), wholegrains/ complex carbs, nuts & seeds and luckily for us RAW cacao or dark chocolate.
So, these tasty balls of heaven (lol at that if you have an immature mind like me) should be perfect for alleviating those cramps and satisfy that chocolate craving!
- 1 cup rolled-oats or obtain or any similar alternative
- 1-2 tablespoons of your fave brand of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or honey or maple syrup!)
- 1/4 cacao powder or even dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes/desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1sp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together, cover and leave to chill in the fridge for about half an hour. If it’s looking particularly crumbly before you do this add more liquid!
- Remove from fridge and make in to circular, ball shapes. Should make around 20-25 balls!
And voila! Simple AS!
Also, so many recipe’s are done in cups these days that I got cup measurers off of eBay, makes everything a whole lot simpler!
Follow me on Insta!